The Successful Middle School Schedule Author Workshop
Tuesday, January 31, 2023
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM
Eastern Standard Time
In education, the landscape is complex and those charged with leading schools face many difficult decisions. Perhaps one of the most wide-reaching decisions a school leader makes is the master schedule. The schedule is a tool leaders can use to design unique and creative programming specific to their school and their students. It is the one thing that truly affects everyone. From start times to end times, it impacts parents, bus drivers, food service staff, teachers, and students.
The scheduling process is realized in three stages of development: The Why, The How and The What. This author workshop will help teams explore both the cultural and technical sides of scheduling in order to best meet the unique needs of young adolescents by creating a responsive middle school schedule.
- In Part 1 we will discuss the “Why” and lead teams through exercise(s) to establish their why and scheduling priorities.
- In Part 2 we will explore the “How” of scheduling by completing a deep dive into data, tier 1 instruction, and end in discussing the voice of equity in scheduling. Middle school teams will be asked to look at their teaming, advisory, and instructional practices in order to meet the needs of all students.
- In Part 3 we will explore the “What” by helping teams establish their schedule building blocks, review schedule types and discuss best practices in middle school scheduling.
Your Registration Includes:
- Copy of AMLE's book The Successful Middle School Schedule
- Access to the online event
- Q&A session to ask your personal scheduling questions
- Certificate for 2.0 professional learning contact hours
- Access to the recording of the event through March 31
Register by January 13 to receive your book prior to the event