From Research to I-Search: Creating Lifelong Learners for the 21st Century
Author: Lynn Bruno
Non-Member: $19.99Your price
“ I-Search is a way to enable students to pursue their passions while learning and absorbing a multitude of skills and growing in knowledge, competence, and confidence”
- Bill Ivey, Middle School Dean, Stoneleigh-Burnham School
The ability to conduct research with fidelity is undeniably a life skill that not only benefits students when working for an academic grade, but in everyday decisions of varying degrees of importance. From something minor like choosing a new recipe for the evening’s meal to more critical and life determining decisions such as committing to a lifelong relationship, the ability to conduct reliable and purposeful research is an essential life skill upon which happiness is closely linked.
The I-Search process differs from traditional research in that it focuses as much on the process as the product of research. I-Search requires the researcher to identify what he or she already knows about the topic, what questions he or she would like answered, what knowledge others hold on the topic, and how that new knowledge has enriched and changed his or her understanding of the topic.
- Relates to all content areas
- Helps students practice 21st century skills and lifelong learning
- Reinforces Common Core State Standards
- Allows struggling students to practice research skills
- Helps students develop critical literacy tools
- Perfect for teams to collaborate on the research process
Order this powerful tool for research and learning today!