Fostering Student Accountability through Student-Led Conferences
Author: Patti Kinney
Non-Member: $24.99Your price
AMLE & NASSP
Initiate or improve student-led conferences in your school with this great resource from AMLE. Learn how you can use student-led conferences to
- Communicate clear expectations for student learning.
- Increase student accountability for learning.
- Motivate students to produce quality work.
- Strengthen student skills of organization, leadership, and communication.
- Empower students to set and achieve realistic improvement goals.
- Partner with parents to support student achievement.
- Teach students to become self-evaluative, self-reflective learners.
- Foster positive communication between parents and students.
- Increase the percentage of parents attending conferences.
- Build students’ self-confidence and self-esteem.
This resource is a true practitioner’s guide, providing everything you need to implement this powerful practice.
Book Review on MiddleWeb
"Patti Kinney’s helpful book gives teachers practical, realistic, and research based ideas for making the shift from the traditional parent-teacher conference into student led conferences without sugar coating the process. At the same time, it offers a great deal of encouragement and will leave most teachers feeling like they too can 'Make it Work.'"