The Successful Middle School Book Study for Teams
Non-Member: $799.99Your price
AMLE's landmark position paper, The Successful Middle School: This We Believe, is recognized as the best articulation of the middle school concept. Now in its fifth edition, the text has served as a framework for understanding the middle school model for forty years.
When you bring your team together to explore its 5 essential attributes and 18 characteristics of successful middle grades schools, you will be able to build a cohesive vision for your school improvement journey and the professional development program that works best for your school community.
The Book Study for Teams:
- Led by an AMLE coach
- Offers a highly participatory and reflective experience
- Allows staff to identify ways to advance their current practices for each of the characteristics of successful middle schools
- Provides school leaders with real, actionable feedback from staff and the opportunity to give staff a voice
- Up to 8 hours of content, with number and length of sessions determined by school's needs
- Can be customized to the results of a school's Successful Middle School Assessment
From Book Study Participants:
“As the principal to an established building of middle level learners, I was at a loss as to how to reinvent the identity of our building and to develop a cohesive mission and vision...The book study helped us to identify our ‘big rocks', develop an action plan, and initiate the work that would frame our building’s future. With the help of our book study leader, we were able to base our decisions on best practices for the middle level learner and create a cohesive plan for our staff and our students. The support from our leader and AMLE was amazing and continues to be a resource as we move forward. I highly recommend the book study to move your building to the next level.”
"Having the entire staff in the same spot having the same conversation. It allows everyone to hear the thoughts of people with whom they may not regularly meet."