Successful Middle School Instructional Technology
Author: Ryan Ruggles and Tim Schigur
Non-Member: $19.99Your price
Pre-order - Ships November 2023
To be successful, school leaders must embrace technology and become innovative instructional leaders. Successful Middle School Instructional Technology equips middle level teams with tools and sample frameworks to develop a common language and approach to instructional technology with a focus on student engagement and digital wellness. Through a strong focus on vision, philosophy, and continuous improvement, this book supports whole school improvement centered around best practice, highly engaging classrooms, and technology plans that support young adolescents.
Successful Middle School Instructional Technology is organized into four sections that mirror The Successful Middle School: This We Believe. Each section contains activities and reflection questions to support teams in developing their instructional technology vision/philosophy and ensuring their practices match their philosophy:
- Section One, young adolescent development, explores the “who” of instructional technology – the amazing middle school students for whom we’re doing all of this work in the first place!
- In Section Two, culture and community, focuses on the “why” of instructional technology, beginning with building a shared vision for all middle level learners and what we know about young adolescents and technology.
- Section Three, leadership and organization, zeroes in on the “how” of instructional technology, focusing on processes and systems for improvement.
- In Section Four, curriculum, instruction, and assessment, discusses the “what” of instructional technology. The authors dig into best instructional practices for middle grades learners as it pertains to technology integration, curriculum, and engagement.
- The text concludes with advice on how to build momentum with your instructional technology practices and digital plan, addressing continuous improvement efforts.